Home Decor Ideas . More money, more problems, am I rite? This is 30 Cheap And Brilliant Dollar Store h[a]cks by Natalie brown .
1. Pencil grips make crochet hooks more comfortable. Instruction: Wrap the bottom of your crochet hook with masking tape until it’s about the width of a pencil. Slide two pencil grips onto hook. 2. Turn pool noodles into waterproof garlands. Instruction: 1. Slice pool noodle into about 1/2 thick pieces.
2.Thread string/twine etc through the longest needle you can find.
3.String each slice of pool noodle. and 4.Hang your garland! 3. S-hooks and binder clips as pot storage. Not THAT kind.
4. Use some picture frames to make a terrarium. Directions. 1. Remove the backs and glass from eight frames. 2. Drill one hole near top and one near the bottom, through the larger frame and halfway into the smaller; Screw together. 3. Arrange the two L’s you’ve created as shown. 4. Align a 2″ mending plate at each end of the frames, as shown. Drill pilot holes and secure with screws
5. Align the two sets of 5″ x 7″ frames as shown.
6. Line the resulting roof up with the base, as shown.
7. Trace the inside of an eave on paper.
8. Fit the cut wood into each end of the roof.
9. smooth wood filler over the terrarium’s exterior, filling in the joints and covering the screw holes. Let dry
10. Paint the piece white.
11. Replace the glass from the bottom up. Place hot glue in the corners of each frame
12. Lift the terrarium’s lid to fit your favorite plants inside. Set by a sunny window and admire how your mini garden grows. 5. Organize crayons by color with popsicle trays. For those of you with kiddos or regressive tendencies. You’ll never have to wait for an orange again. 6. Manila folders + chopsticks = modern lamp. Can you guess what this stylish light fixture is made of? Give up? Manila folders and bamboo skewers! OK, the lightbulb kit may require a visit to the hardware store. Supplies Needed: Manila Folders, bamboo skewers Tissue paper, Glue, Scissors Trim Manila Folders For large and small lamp pieces Glue Folders together Overlappaing to form open cubes Mark out Holes for Skewer lightbuld support grid Decoupage tissue to folders and trim closely Add Skewers supports glue with strong craft glue A Pendant lamp kit buy at IKEA for $5 or less Install pendant light in skewer grid Done ! 7. Pick your favorite plastic animal and turn him into a bookend. You don’t even have to cut them in half this time. 8. Sponges can be ergonomic keyboard things. You could cover them in fabric if you don’t dig the kitchen look. 9. Picture frames work as dry erase boards. Drop plain white paper in there if you’re not into the scrapbooky look. 10. Dropcloths can be curtains, too. Yup, you got it right: canvas drop cloths! 11. These wire easels want to keep your laptop cool. You’ll need two twisted gauge display easel from a dollar store ($1 each) and Rubber bands Put the two unfolded stands next to each other, then use the elastic bands to attach the anti slip foam to the top and bottom of the stand for a quicker and easier solution, pick up a cooling rack for cookies 12. Turn cooling racks and lasagna pans into juicy steaks. Run to a Dollar Tree and pick up cooling racks and lasagna pans. The racks and pans were both 2 for $1. Direction: Assamble and Done. Grilling is ready
13. Cover oddly shaped kitchen items with shower caps.
14. Spraypaint and patience can turn beads into a chandelier. Pinterest-ers will be familiar with this one.
15. Get crafty with two colors of paint and some vases. Recommended to use Martha Stewart brand high-gloss acrylic paint for a perfect glass work.
16. Mercury-ize any sort of glassware you happen to find. Main supplies you need are: Glass candlestick and Glass bowl you can get at dollar store for $2. Direction: 1.Run a bead of E-6000 Glue around the top rim of the candlestick. Set bowl centered on top. and Allow to dry 24 hours. 2. On a covered work area, invert pedestal bowl and spray with a light coat of Krylon Looking Glass. Immediately spray with water/vinegar solution. Dab lightly with a lint-free cloth to distress. Allow to dry (the paint dries quickly).
17. Dino butts can help your phone stand up. You just have to ignore the plastic dino’s screams of anguish as you cut it in half. This image is pretty self-explanatory I believe.
18. Aww. Make a little magnet board with a burner cover. Well, this thing have 8 directions waiting you in another site.
19. Cups can be custom modular storage. You’ll need a toolbox. Filled with “¢3 packs of 8 small round bolt and nuts “¢7 plastic drink tumblers “¢Marker “¢Drill “¢Yarn “¢Scissors “¢Awl or nail and “¢Wire Check info to get complete tutorial
20. Use contact paper as a laptop skin. A simple tutorial for turning your scratched and dented laptop into a fun and unique statement! Supplies: Wood-Grain Contact paper (found at most dollar stores), x-acto knife, scissors, tracing paper.
21. Mirrors become little boxes. With just a little help from your good old friend, the hot glue gun. Here’s how you do it. .. Oh! And, if you’re looking to set up the majority of the hours in a day while also making yourself crazy, try taking multiple pictures of a mirrored box. Classic…
22. You too can have a spa-like bathroom for only like $5. I smooshed down the glue then arranged the rocks. Not hard at all. In retrospect I think it would have been better to start in the center and work my way out. It’s also probably best to let the glue set for a good 24 hours before walking on it.
23. Never ever misplace your keys again”¦ “¦as long as you remember to hang them in the teeny frame. A simple solution for “sometimes” a messy situation.
24. Keep your cold drink at hand all summer long. Gotta be a little handy for this. Step 1: Gather materials Step 2: Bend the Crook Step 3: Sharpen the Base Step 4: Attach the Cup using epoxy if you have to and last step: stick it on the ground
25. Fancy pants topiaries (assuming you can find moss). These will depend on your dollar store. 5 DIY instruction available after you click a pasted link under this video.
26. Highlighters = glow water. WHAT. So, I’m no toddler but I’m going to do this anyway. MAKE SURE THE HIGHLIGHTERS SPECIFICALLY SAY “NONTOXIC.” If using highlighter water in the bath makes you uncomfortable you can also substitute tonic water to give you a COOL BLUE glow. Tonic is 100% edible, safe for kids, and even meant for ingestion. One two liter will give you insanely bright water – Also. You can make RAINBOW glow water using non-toxic paint if you visit pasted link inside info.
27. Turn paint can lids into a pretty outdoor mirror. Also an Anthro h[a]ck.
28. Find a microfiber towel and sew it into a Swiffer cover.
29. Turn a laundry basket into a pretty striped basket. from this.. to this by I heart organizing. And,
30. Binder clips that can hold your cables. The page is in Dutch, but this transcends language. The easiest dollar store h[a]ck in this list. estimated you wont need a minute to get the job done.