Are you looking for some inexpensive ideas to update your blah bedroom? Here are a few tried and tested methods to make your boudoir the sanctuary of your dreams. This is 21 Cheap ideas to upgrade your bedroom. Ceilings: 1.Take a deep breath and set aside a couple days then go for the gold. Yes, do it! Paint or stencil your ceilings: stencils make it quick, easy and cheap. 2. Picture your kids’ faces when they look up and see a blimp flying over them. With kids there are no limits. Walls: Whether you simply add a rich color or add a fascinating texture, make it attention grabbing. 3. A faux silk headboard with soft backlights brings an unusual intimacy and calm to any bedroom. This is elegant and simple to replicate.
The design philosophy central to all of these images is intrinsically linked to the culture that produced them. They are of course, Chinese. 4. As you can see, this is all about color, and the impact is stupendous! This will put a smile on any girls face. The Bed: The bed is always a focal point, so don’t skip over these pics. 5. Can you imagine the type of person that lives here? Strong, silent and organized. 6. No one would ever guess this is your old linens dip-dyed. Don’t hesitate to add a few hand-painted embellishments with fabric paint. How to do it? Grab all the linens and pick out a few favorite colors of dye.
21 Cheap bedroom upgrade and decor ideas
Dip dye route and add a burst of color to the bottom, or dunk the whole thing in. This is an alternative way to cover up any unwanted stains. You could also go with an ombre pattern over all the fabric and make a matching set of sheets and pillowcases!
Alternative 1: Try your hand at block printing a pattern onto your linens. If you have the patience, this could be a really cool way to give your duvet a complete makeover.
You can also just do sections of the fabric for a more minimal look. This could be a fun way to give your tablecloth and tea towels a change, too.
Alternative 2: I used this technique to change up the seat cushions on my chair. You could get the kids involved with this and have them paint their own designs. If you don’t trust your painting skills, opt for using a stencil, but an abstract pattern like this is very forgiving.
7.This is a simple cute and affordable way to dress up a kid’s room. It’s like sleeping under the stars. Sketch . Cut with a jigsaw . Painted the clouds. Lights from Ikea. An under 30 min no cost quick solution for a whimsical valance
8.This looks so chic, like a very wealthy family sleeps here. It’s only paint, so go for it.
9. If you have a lovely neutral bedroom that needs a little something, drape in sunshine. These yellow accents bring new life to a room.
10. Add a little drama to the room and make your little princess know how special she is. 11. Soft fabrics draped from plastic pipes attached to the ceiling or a frame adds a touch of romance and imagination. Purchase several yards of a gauze or net fabric from your local fabric store, and make your own romantic canopy. Screw eye hooks into the ceiling at each corner of the bed, and draw the fabric through so that it drapes near the ground, overhead, then down again. Repeat on both sides of the bed. The same romance as a four poster, for just a few dollars! Or just add some romantic dust ruffles and shams!
12. The padded boards behind the bed add interest as well as a cozy feeling of times gone by. Floors Count:
13.Throw out that dirty carpet and paint a simple or intricate design to elevate the mood and add a touch of class to your space.
14. Are you afraid to try your hand at painting? This floor is created with paper bags and polyurethane.
15.You can paint a large piece of canvas to match your new decor first paint it white then the second step is to use colors. Use masking tape to create designs.
16. Nothing makes a teen feel cuddlier than pompoms- make a few pillows as room accents.
17. Don’t forget the details. You look at that ugly door every day so why not make it attractive too?
18.You can spend hundreds of dollars on wall art, or just as you did with the canvas rug, paint your own!
19. Add a diamond to the mix. Make yourself a beautiful chandelier with a wire basket and dollar-priced beads. It is stunning! 20. Sleek and sheik for a new beginning or just an updated decor.
21. Change that overhead fan from ugly to lovely. You’ll have around 5 to 6 challenges a head.